Monday, September 12, 2005

Truck, Church

For those of you who don't know, my truck was broken for about 3 days. I felt powerless, useless, immobile. Yesterday after church. The amazing mind and hands of Mike Kruger and the wallet of Mr. Barton came together to fix my truck. Something actually physically broke off that was vital to the serpentine belt. I had no power steering which is a fun adventure for those of you who haven't experienced it. But, now it is fixed, well... drivable. We will do more work in the future on it.

Oh yeah, church. It was great, I wore my hair back in a pony tail, it was fun. My head looked so small in my shadow. Jack was preaching, is was a great message. Partly because he wasn't 100% comfortable with it. You could see that the message was very much alive and in motion within him and his life. Forgiveness is a an amazing gift.

I had a dream last night, Mike Rich was doing the dishes. Alas, it was only a dream.

Twas much fun at Sam and Josiah's house last night. So many people in one place. I think almost everyone was there. Except my beautiful Nealey. It was a great time.

Question: What does it feel like to be shot?

1 comment:

joelman said...

I found a vintage silver slug from the Civil War embedded in my own leg just the other day. It felt about the same as having a small alien hatch out of my body to extract it.