Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Life

I've been flirting with boredom already during these first couple of days of spring break. The very first day of "break", Saturday, I did absolutely nothing. Now, when people say "I didn't do anything", they usually mean I didn't do anything that amounted to something. Granted they did stuff, it just did not amount to anything. My Saturday, I DID NOTHING. The most stimulating events were receiving phone calls (2) and taking a shower. The rest of the day was compromised of sitting on the couch. In the words of Mike Edwards, "It would suck to live a long time like this".

My boredom has somewhat subsided. Music is awesome to me. I've really been getting into new (to me) bands. Eisely is good. Pedro the Lion is powerful. TMSE, You're never gonna get it, I don't think I could count how many times I've listened to it. Kent, Notwist. Music has seemed to be even more powerful to me lately. The lyrics and notes hit deeper. God has definitely blessed us with the gift of song. I once heard "God gave us music, that we may pray without words". I'm not going to say that every song is a prayer, nor would I limit what a prayer could be. God has really been awesome. He always is, it's just when I come around to acknowledging it that it blows me away.

No comments: