Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ikea


Nealey and I went to Ikea in the Twin Cities on saturday. We purchased a desk, add-on top unit, some filling system, hanging folders, and some floor mats. We went on a saturday, that was a mistake. We overheard one employee saying that they probably get 18,000 people on a saturday. It was pretty busy.

On monday I drove up to Apple Valley where Questar Educational Services is, to interview for a job. I recieved a job. It's not exactly the best job, but I do like what the company works on. I will be working on an Indiana project scoring and analyzing student responses from one of their state-wide tests. This is a temporary position, but I hope that it will lead to a permanate position with the company. That job starts in April, I will still be pursuing employment in the area. If something else comes up, then some decisions will be made.

5 comments:

Miss K said...

I went to IKEA for the first time last month, to one that had a grand opening back in November. I both excited (about the cool furniture) and Freaked. Out. (because of the ridiculous # of people!).

Also, I got lost three or four times, as I had not known that IKEA is it's own country and you need a *map* to get around.

Miss K said...

Oops! I also meant to say "congrats" on the job!

Michael said...

Google image search "ikea".....first page of results.

Wrong, Kevin.

Bruce in Alaska said...

Kevin,

Nice job.

Come back for A Phlashlight Home Companion, March 24th. Afterwards there will be an Andy Kaufman-like birthday party for Michael's 23rd, choclate cake @ our house.

Don't-forget-we-exist-Bruse & Jone

justinkenya said...

How you gonna go to IKEA live?