Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hey...Man




So I thought I was gonna post some of my favorite lyrics from mineral songs. Here goes. Disclaimer: I'm not down. I do miss my wife. Mayo keeps taking her away from me.


I only hope that you could be proud of me.

How blessed we are.

When I was a boy I saw things
That no one else could see
So why am I so blind at twenty-two
To the hope that is all around me
Filling up this room

Sometimes I read and reread
The birthday card you sent me

The humble and righteous and meek
Are teaching me who's will to seek

I wouldn't mind if you took me in my sleep tonight
I wouldn't even put up a fight
I wouldn't care if you took it all away today
I'm sure I wouldn't even miss the pain

How will I drink from that stream
How will my heart sing your praise
How will I lay down in green grass fields
When my soul is so afraid to
Rejoice.

I wanted to tell her how beautiful she was
But I just stared

With my arms out like a scarecrow

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're still into Mineral.
I love that era of music. Bands like Mineral, Sunny Day, Get Up Kids helping us recover from the 80's. Good times.

Stephen said...

my fav by mineral, it's a b-side

february

and the snow falls down melts before it even hits the ground and i'm standing here listening to the sound of your hand washing back and forth across my filthy heart and i don't know if i should say "i'm sorry" or "thank you" i try to speak but the tears choke the words and i think i finally know what they mean when they talk about joy.

Bruce in Alaska said...

Kevin, are you coming back for Justin's fundraising concert? You can play as Cambridge and then the Phlashlight house band!