Monday, October 08, 2007

Evangelism Songs

I think there was a comment on the Pseudobook Review that mentioned "Fake Empire" being the evangelism song for The National. The song that converts the listener to being into the band. I just wanted to get some thoughts on other bands evangelism songs. I'll throw some bands out there but, feel free to mention bands that I don't.

Arcade Fire - ?

Belle & Sebastian - ?

Death Cab for Cutie - ?

The Decemberists - ?

The Fire Theft - ?

The Get Up Kids - ?

Gloria Record - ?

Mineral - ?

Sunny Day Real Estate - ?

The Notwist - ?

Pedro The Lion - ?

Radiohead - ?

Starflyer59 - ?

Sufjan Stevens - ?

Youth Group - ?

Let me know your thoughts. Answer any or all. I have my picks. I'll let you know if we are on the same page.

2 comments:

justinkenya said...

I am copy and pasting this to the review for a community review, you dork. great idea. here's my response in the meantime:

arcade fire - keep the car running/rebellion
belle and sebastian - wrapped up in books
death cab - got over and am actually non-into
decemberists - song for myla goldberg
firetheft - houses/summertime
get up kids - don't hate me/anne arbor
tgr - grace the snow is here (OMG live made me cry)
mineral - palisade
sdre - red elephant/fool in the photograph for 2:55
notwist - one with the freaks (it's how i got converted)
pedro - magazine, or first album in entirety
radiohead - i have abstained and shall continue. someone else is more qualified.
starflyer59 - when you feel the mess (live)
sufjan - come on feel the illinoise
youth group - last quarter

Unknown said...

Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism

The Fire Theft - It's Over

The Get Up Kids - Anne Arbour

Gloria Record - The Immovable Motorist

Mineral - &Serenading

Sunny Day Real Estate - 8

The Notwist - Chemicals

Joy Electric - The Girl from Rosewood Lane

Radiohead - Everything in its Right Place

Starflyer59 - Blue Collar Love

Sufjan Stevens - They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Co...

The Postal Service - Brand New Colony