Saturday, April 21, 2007

December in April

Nealey and I thoroughly enjoyed over an hour and a half of Decemberists last night. They were great. Very tight, very enjoyable, very entertaining. I was really happy that they played a bunch of their older stuff, not just stuff off of Crane Wife. Included were: Billy Liar, Sixteen Military Wives, Mariner's Revenge Song, The Tain, The Island, Yankee Bayonet, O Valencia, The Perfect Crime 2, Shankill Butchers, The Crane Wife 1, and others. On Yankee Bayonet, the lead singer of My Brightest Diamond sang the woman's part. It was a lot of fun.

8 comments:

justinkenya said...

How did they do their songs live?

Michael said...

I just ruined it, but before I commented this, it said:

"1 Comments"

WOW Blogger. This IS YOUR BUSINESS and you can't get it to display "1 Comment" properly?

Wow blogger...

Michael said...

Also, does it bother you like it does me when a sentence of yours has a proper noun after the initial necessary, but otherwise unrelated word?

My example from your post is "On Yankee Bayonet..." where the song is just Yankee Bayonet but the convention of sentence capitalization makes it look like a full title of "On Yankee Bayonet..." which sounds homoerotic, or merely erotic if the reader is a woman.

justinkenya said...

You could word differently, such as

"Yankee Bayonet benefitted from the lead singer of My Brightest Diamond doing the female vox."

or

"Yankee Bayanoet was cool with the lead singer..."

I could go on.

Do you want me to?

Circle:

Yes or Yes

Michael said...

You could also put the song title in quotes:

On "Yankee Bayonet," Shara Worden from My Brightest Diamond provided the female vox.

That one changes the established sentence least, kind of like how Martin Luther did not wish to part from the Catholic Church, but simply to revise some things that were already there.

Bruce in Alaska said...

Kevin--doesn't this make you want to blog more and more! --Soren

Mushelbyman said...

hey kevin, its shawn wingate. I got your blog site from charlie. I got my own wingatsm.blogspot.com. Check it out if you want. Talk to you later!

Mushelbyman said...

kevin, i didn't know tim hearns was your father-in-law, haha small world after all. I'm playing for the team now and i met your mother-in-law last night and figured out that tim is your father-in-law.